Saturday, February 19, 2011

The Flying Maltese Family Circus


I remember being very excited to meet the Maltese Family. A traveling circus family famous for their flying trapeze, russian swing, and other high flying acts. I was just a local performance artist and aerial teacher at the time. 

I had no idea they would be inviting me into their circus world of performance arts. 



There is a charming intimacy and connection when you are close enough to your audience to see their excited faces as you perform for smaller events like weddings, graduations, birthdays and such. But there's a whole new rush that comes with the stage lights shining on you under the big top. Where your only cue as to how your performance is being received is the roar of the crowd. 


David had performed with them before, as well as many other circuses so it was no big deal for him, but I was knew to this world. It was a time of many new things for me. My first time on the Russian swing, the lyra, the bungee, and even my first magic act. 


They taught me, embraced me like one of their own, and made me feel like part of the family. We've enjoyed the opportunities to perform many fun shows with them over the years. Mahalo for blessing our lives and all you meet. <3
  

No comments:

Post a Comment